Re: Graduate Assistantships Sandra L. Wojciechowski 10 Sep 1998 12:22 EST

Barbara:

We have been able to clean up the file and use it.  Thanks so much!

Tammy:

Most of the names on your list we have on ours.  Randy is updating our list
to include any additional names and using your addresses to update our file
if there is a difference.

I will fax the final list to you to verify this afternoon.

In a separate e-mail to you I am sending my estimate on the budget and
reasoning.

Sandy

At 10:47 AM 9/8/98 -5000, Gina Lee Glauser wrote:
>Barb:
>
>> 1.  The minimum pay/semester for a Master's level Graduate Research
>> Assistant at your institution (if specified);
>Yes, it was just increased to attractthe best and the brightest
>students per faculty's request which was approved by faculty senate
>and administrative council.  The minimum RA stipend is $14,400/year
>for this academic year.
>
>> 2.  If your institution has set a cap on Grad Research Assistant pay;
>NO.
>

>I am wondering from the list members:  What type of policy do you
>have on RA's workload?  What is a typical RA workload hours per
>week?  Does that include classroom work or just a research work?
>
>Thanks,
>gina

Sandra L. Wojciechowski, Assistant Director
Health Policy and Research
University of California Irvine
3255 Berkeley Place
Irvine, CA 92697-5800