Re: Salary Savings Policy John K. Stokes 04 Sep 1998 13:50 EST

Jim,
Salary savings resulting from sponsored programs at the University of
Arkansas  revert to the dean of the college in which the PI/PD is a member.
 The policy is not written.  The dean can carry over funds from one fiscal
year to the next.  A dean may share with a generating dept. if the dept.
makes a case.
Johnnie

At 11:30 AM 9/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Here at Bloomsburg University salary savings accrued when faculty receive
release time on grant funded projects revert to the general fund at the end
of the year.  I have seen several systems for handling grant funded release
time salaries and, in my opinion, this is by far the worse.

>I have been asked to write a *white paper* on how to handle this issue and
I am looking for examples of various systems. If you have a brief
description of how you handle reassigned time salaries that you are willing
to share, or if you can point me to online descriptions of policies, I
would appreciate it.

>Jim Matta
>Office of Research and
>   Sponsored Programs
>Bloomsburg University
>xxxxxx@huskey.bloomu.edu

John K. Stokes                                 Voice:      501-575-3845
Director                                            Fax:         501-575-3846
Research and Sponsored Programs
 and Technology Licensing
120 Ozark Hall
University of Arkansas