Listservs focused on issues of private funding -Reply Matta 05 Aug 1998 12:58 EST

Michael

You asked
>I am interested in finding listservs that deal exclusively (or almost
>exclusively) with issues pertaining to private sources of funding...

The series of discussion lists sponsored by American Philanthropy Review is about the only thing I have found in this area.  The CONSULT-L discussion list has a suprising amount of useful information (considering that its focus is nonprofit consulting.)  I have found there discussions on approaches to writing proposals for foundations (and something other than a proposal is a better approach) to be quite good.

GRANTS is also sometimes useful.  Of course, none of these focus strictly on what is useful for higher education.  There is a good deal of chaff mixed with the wheat.

You can subscribe through the American Philanthropy Review web page at:

 http://CharityChannel.com/

Jim Matta
Bloomsburg University
xxxxxx@huskey.bloomu.edu