Re: Faculty Incentives Paul Parker 22 Jul 1998 08:57 EST

We've noticed more and more faculty ready to become good PI's are looking
towards infrastructure rather than direct salary.  Are the laboratories
ready for research - actually is there space available at all?  Are minimal
equipment needs met, i.e. PC and appropriate connections to internet and
software.

We do provide "incentive" funds for faculty who have sponsored project
activities.  We provide a 10% return of their overhead generated to
individual faculty if they've generated  at least $10,000 indirect cost
income with a rate of return of 20%.

Hope this helps;

Paul Parker

>Hi there,
>
>I'm in the process of creating a "investigator incentive"
>program and seek statistical material to reference on
>motivating (and non-motivating) factors relative to PI's.
>I'm also looking at what PI's feel is most important to
>them, for example; 1st=salaries, 2nd=their projects,
>3rd=dept, 4th=institution, and so on.
>
>I look forward to your input.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Cathy