Re: ONR CHICAGO CUSTOMER CONFERENCE Norman Meeks 19 Jun 1998 12:07 EST

Todd, I have wanted to get back to you all re this meeting but was waiting
for other information re an NIH site that is taking place here at Mayo on
August 4 and 5.  I think I will not be involved on the 5th but I should
know before the deadline for registration.  Will advise.  Norm

ps:  Thanks for the info re Carbonara.  Sorry to hear the news.

>The Office of Naval Research, Chicago Region is hosting the "Post-Award
>Administration Customer Conference for Non Profits and Universities" on
>August 5-7th, 1998  at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Chicago.
>
>Details may be found at http://www.onr.navy.mil/02/024/conf/ including the
>General Conference information, Hotel and Conference Registration
>Information,  the tentative agenda and topics of discussion.
>
>PLEASE NOTE:  The Deadline for Hotel reservations at the Conference Rate is
>8 July.  Hotel rooms may be reserved telephonically with Credit Cards, if
>the Conference fee is to be paid on site the first day of the Conference.
>
>IF you wish to pre-pay the Conference Fee at the time you make your hotel
>reservations, then you must fax a completed Conference Registration Form to
>the Hyatt.  More details are found at the above Web Site.
>
>Among the topics in the agenda are -
>
>*       AN OVERVIEW OF FEDERAL INITIATIVES TO IMPROVE THE BUSINESS AND
>ADMINISTRATION OF RESEARCH
>*       TALKING WITH THE GOVERNMENT- A TOWNHALL MEETING
>*        FASTER/ SMARTER PAYMENTS, THE REENGINEERED DEFENSE FINANCE AND
>ACCOUNTING SERVICE (DFAS)
>*       THE ABCs OF POST-AWARD ADMINISTRATION FOR NEW GRANTEES
>*       THE DODGARS AND PART 45 OF THE FAR- WHAT'S NEW AND WHAT'S THE IMPACT
>*       REVISITING THE OMB CIRCULARS AND COST ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
>*       SMALL SCHOOL WORKSHOP
>*       KEEPING YOUR PROCUREMENT SYSTEM COMPLIANT
>*       NUTS AND BOLTS - THE LITTLE THINGS OF RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION,
>INCLUDING: TRAVEL, NO-COST EXTENSIONS, REBUDGETING.
>*       AWARD CLOSEOUT - WHEN, HOW, WHAT TO DO TO SUCCESSFULLY CLOSE AWARDS
>AND GRANTS
>*       OTHER TRANSACTIONS OR "FLEXIBILITY+"
>*        IN THE BEGINNING - DISCUSSION OF PRE-AWARD CONSIDERATIONS FOR THOSE
>APPLYING FOR RESEARCH FUNDS
>*       SUBAWARDS - CONTRACTS, GRANTS AND OTHER SUB-THINGS
>*       UTILIZING SMALL BUSINESSES EFFECTIVELY
>*        ADVANCES IN THE ELECTRONIC MEDIA AND ITS IMPACT UPON THE BUSINESS
>OF RESEARCH
>*        ERA IN ACTION - A SYSTEMS APPROACH/DEMONSTRATION
>*       THE ADVANCED INTERNET
>

>Do not hesitate to contact us with questions or problems.
>

>Todd Frye
>ONR Chicago
>xxxxxx@onr.navy.mil
>(312) 886-5423, Ext. 237
>Fax: (312) 353-6089
>
>http://www.onr.navy.mil/02/024/
>
>David J. Wyner - Regional Director
>ONR Chicago
>xxxxxx@onr.navy.mil
>(312) 886-5423, Ext. 226
>Fax: (312) 353-6089
>
>http://www.onr.navy.mil/02/024/

Norman A. Meeks                 Tele:           507.266.4884
Research Administration         Fax:    507.284.1772
Mayo Foundation                 email:  xxxxxx@mayo.edu
200 First Street SW                     Pager:  507.266.8358
Rochester MN 55905                      OV#:    mrb5535