Re: Subawards to Foreign Countries Atella,Mary 19 Jun 1998 09:03 EST

This one should be easy for you. . . . A-133 does not apply to foreign
entities.

Mary Atella
Assistant Dir. Of Accounting Services
Colorado State University
Phone (970) 491-2083
Fax (970) 491-6147

 -----Original Message-----
 From:   rt01 [mailto:xxxxxx@LEHIGH.EDU]
 Sent:   Thursday, June 18, 1998 3:49 PM
 To:     xxxxxx@hrinet.org
 Subject:        Subawards to Foreign Countries

 Hello,

 This is a first for me and I'm going to be lazy and
 ask your advice instead of trying to think it through
with
 my own worn out brain:  I have a proposal which will
 include one subcontract to a university in China and one
 subcontract (or possibly a consultant agreement) with a
 university (or faculty member) in New Zealand.  How do I
 deal with the auditing requirements (A-133)?

 Your input and experiences will be greatly appreciated!

                Ruth Tallman
                Lehigh University
                xxxxxx@lehigh.edu