Re: Fixed-Fee Arrangements Sue Unruhe 11 Jun 1998 15:37 EST

Diane,
At Duke, the type of fund that the money is deposited into determines the
expenses that are allowed.  Most of our fixed-fee receipts have no strings
attached.  If the individual receiving the fees has their own discretionary
account to deposit the funds into, this new money follows the same rules as
all other money in that account.  So, if the owner of the account wants to
spend the money on a pizza party, so be it.  I guess everyone needs to
reach their own understanding about this.
Sue