ONR CHICAGO CUSTOMER CONFERENCE FRYET@xxxxxx 09 Jun 1998 15:14 EST
The Office of Naval Research, Chicago Region is hosting the "Post-Award
Administration Customer Conference for Non Profits and Universities" on
August 5-7th, 1998 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Chicago.
Details may be found at http://www.onr.navy.mil/02/024/conf/ including the
General Conference information, Hotel and Conference Registration
Information, the tentative agenda and topics of discussion.
PLEASE NOTE: The Deadline for Hotel reservations at the Conference Rate is
8 July. Hotel rooms may be reserved telephonically with Credit Cards, if
the Conference fee is to be paid on site the first day of the Conference.
IF you wish to pre-pay the Conference Fee at the time you make your hotel
reservations, then you must fax a completed Conference Registration Form to
the Hyatt. More details are found at the above Web Site.
Among the topics in the agenda are -
* AN OVERVIEW OF FEDERAL INITIATIVES TO IMPROVE THE BUSINESS AND
ADMINISTRATION OF RESEARCH
* TALKING WITH THE GOVERNMENT- A TOWNHALL MEETING
* FASTER/ SMARTER PAYMENTS, THE REENGINEERED DEFENSE FINANCE AND
ACCOUNTING SERVICE (DFAS)
* THE ABCs OF POST-AWARD ADMINISTRATION FOR NEW GRANTEES
* THE DODGARS AND PART 45 OF THE FAR- WHAT'S NEW AND WHAT'S THE IMPACT
* REVISITING THE OMB CIRCULARS AND COST ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
* SMALL SCHOOL WORKSHOP
* KEEPING YOUR PROCUREMENT SYSTEM COMPLIANT
* NUTS AND BOLTS - THE LITTLE THINGS OF RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION,
INCLUDING: TRAVEL, NO-COST EXTENSIONS, REBUDGETING.
* AWARD CLOSEOUT - WHEN, HOW, WHAT TO DO TO SUCCESSFULLY CLOSE AWARDS
* OTHER TRANSACTIONS OR "FLEXIBILITY+"
* IN THE BEGINNING - DISCUSSION OF PRE-AWARD CONSIDERATIONS FOR THOSE
APPLYING FOR RESEARCH FUNDS
* SUBAWARDS - CONTRACTS, GRANTS AND OTHER SUB-THINGS
* UTILIZING SMALL BUSINESSES EFFECTIVELY
* ADVANCES IN THE ELECTRONIC MEDIA AND ITS IMPACT UPON THE BUSINESS
* ERA IN ACTION - A SYSTEMS APPROACH/DEMONSTRATION
* THE ADVANCED INTERNET
Do not hesitate to contact us with questions or problems.
(312) 886-5423, Ext. 237
Fax: (312) 353-6089
David J. Wyner - Regional Director
(312) 886-5423, Ext. 226
Fax: (312) 353-6089