Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

Subject reimbursement -Reply Bruce Steinert PhD 28 May 1998 06:18 EST

>>> "Mary T. Spina, CRA" <xxxxxx@NWU.EDU> - 5/27/98 2:56 PM >>>
>How are your institutions paying subjects for their participation in
a research study?
Usually by check. Some only get parking or lunch paid. These are done
by voucher.

Do you pay them in cash?

If you pay them with a check, how do you ensure confidentiality?
This one is tough. The Hospital won't cut a check without a name,
address and SSN. We explain to the subject that payment will be by
check and that the Finance Department will get the above information.
The explanation field usually just states "Stipend for participation
in research." The subjects like to know, but no one has withdrawn
because  this info was sent to Finance.

Hope that helps,

Bruce Steinert, Ph.D.
Department of Urology
William Beaumont Hospital
3601 West Thirteen Mile Road
Royal Oak, Michigan  48073-6769
(248) 551-2572 (voice)     (248) 551-8107 (FAX)