Re: Time and Effort Reports Laurie Chamness 24 Apr 1998 09:56 EST

Terri:

The faculty's member's total effort for your university cannot exceed 100%.
If the faculty member is spending 25% of his time working on the grant then
that leaves 75% of his time to fulfill his other duties for the university
(teaching, service, administration, unsponsored research, etc.) If the grant
is paying the faculty member for his effort we record it as "Salary Release"
on our Time and Effort report. If the grant is not paying the faculty member
for his effort we record it as "Cost Share".

Laurie Chamness

>I'm working on time and effort reports.  I'm curious how other
>universities are handling time and effort for the faculty that are
>carrying a full load and are doing the grant extra.  I'm just not sure
>how this should be reported.  I welcome any suggestions.
>
>Thanks,
>Terri Canino
>Grant Accountant
>University of Central Arkansas
>201 Donaghey Avenue
>Conway, AR  72035
>(501) 450-5033 Phone
>(501) 450-5319 Fax

Laurie P. Chamness                    Phone:  (843) 953-5673*
Grants Administrator                   FAX:    (843) 953-6577*
College of Charleston              E-mail: xxxxxx@cofc.edu
Charleston, SC  29424             *New Area Code (as of March 22, 1998) is 843