Workshops Ellen Reinsch Friese 10 Apr 1998 16:23 EST
Dear Listserve Members:
Would you be kind enough to let me know (either by way of the listserve or
individually by e-mail) the kinds of faculty/staff workshops your sponsored
programs offices offer during a calendar year? I am specifically interested
in the following information:
1. The number of different workshops offered by your office during the year.
2. Workshop topics (such as proposal writing, research ethics, etc.)
3. Who gives these workshops (sponsored programs staff, faculty, "outside"
[paid] consultants, or others).
4. What format works best for your campus: regular brown bag lunches, formal
one- to two-day hands-on mini-conferences, etc.
5. How successful (or not) your educational efforts have been.
6. Any other helpful hints you can offer.
Thank you for responding to this request. If there is sufficient interest, I
can post a summary of the results on the listserve.
Ellen Reinsch Friese
Research and Sponsored Programs
Wright State University
122 Allyn Hall
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
(937) 775-2425 (telephone)
(937) 775-3781 (fax)