Re: Internal Grants Ross, Stuart 07 Apr 1998 18:41 EST

Our response to the humanities and arts types, when the topic comes up,
is that they should be able to adapt the categories to their situations
and that we will understand.  In the humanities, even though they are
not as self-conscious about "methods", they still are conscious of the
difference between conventional procedures and unconventional
procedures, and they should be able to say which they are doing and why.
An artist has some kind of objective, even if it is simply to try a new
medium or capture a certain emotion.

Stuart Ross
Cal State Fullerton