Re: Adobe Acrobat ERA-type question Higginson, David A 19 Mar 1998 17:59 EST

We have developed a system (in beta testing) that gathers the info
needed to submit a proposal (inc. data for PHS-398) via the web (storing
in a SQL server database). We then spent several painstaking hours
developing the forms in MSAccess report writer, so that on the
researchers request they can request the forms via the web, and a
program on the server pulls the data from the database and puts it in
the Access Report. The report is then e-mailed as a .pdf type attachment
file, or printed directly to ORA.

This works well because the researcher can make a small change in the
submission data as many times as she/he likes (i.e. effort %),
re-request the form, and it is there instantly with the new data in it
(the computer does all the work!)

While this isn't a direct interactive use of .pdf it is our solution to
the issue.

-David

BTW - This system also handles internal routing and approval via the web

David Higginson, ACMA
Administrative Director
Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute
Tel: (501) 320-3757
Fax: (501) 320-3547
Email : xxxxxx@exchange.uams.edu