Re: Animal Care Costs Paplauskas,Leonard 17 Mar 1998 11:32 EST

NIH has recently published "The National Survey of Laboratory Animal Use,
Facilities and Resources", NCRR, Sep. 1997.

Leonard P. Paplauskas
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research
University of Connecticut Health Center
Farmington, CT   06030-5355
860.679.3173 (voice)
860.679.2670 (fax)

 -----Original Message-----
From: Meyers, Paul E. [SMTP:xxxxxx@WCUPA.EDU]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 1998 12:03 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Animal Care Costs

We are reevaluating our animal care costs in view of contracting use of
our
animal facilities to nearby commercial firms.  Is there a source where I
can
find the average costs of animal care nationally?  Are there liability
concerns that others have had experience with?

Thanks much for your feedback!

Paul E. Meyers, Associate Dean for Research
Graduate Studies and Sponsored Research
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
610-436-3592