Re: Subcontracting Plans/Federal Contracts Kaaren J. Downey 20 Feb 1998 10:55 EST

Phyllis,

At Washington University the Research Office completes the small and small
disadvantaged business subcontracting plan.  Once I have a detailed final
budget I will fax it over to our purchasing department and they will give
me feedback on the expenses which can be subcontracted to SM/SMD or women
owned businesses.  Sometimes they are able to provide me with names of
vendors to use in my plan.  After an award is made with a subcontracting
plan involved our purchasing department is responsible for the reporting
aspect.

If you have any specific questions give me a call, I'll be happy to chat
with you about this.  I can be reached at (314) 747-0926.

Kaaren Downey