Re: F&A on Subcontracts under A-122 John Case 20 Feb 1998 15:03 EST

David,

In A-122, Section D.3.d there is no specific guidance to the $25K limit
on subcontracts, it just states "major subgrants or subcontracts" should
be excluded from the base.  For the most part, the government would
refer to A-21 which states under G.2 - that F & A costs can be
distributed to subgrants and subcontracts up to $25,000 (regardless of
the period covered by the subgrant or contract).  Also, your overhead
rate agreement should state what your MTDC base is, and therefore how
you treat F& A costs on subawards.

For the most part, you apply your F & A rate to subawards up to $25,000,
regardless of the life (periods) of the award.

Hope this helps

John Case
Assistant VP and Controller
Desert Research Institute