Re: Signature Authority Ted R.Knous 03 Feb 1998 17:56 EST

Evelyn,
We try to handle everything in the same manner as would occur with our
basic University accounts, therefore the sign-off's would be the same as
for any other purchase (PI's for Grants and Dept. Chair for regular
accounts). The limiting factor would be if there had not been a budget line
opened for the purchase category when the account code was assigned or if
the amount of the purchase exceeded the budget line. We would allow a
transfer of funds from another line to an agency approved line within the
10% limitation for the purchase.
For our campus everything goes from the PI  (project budget administrator,
usually) to the budget office for activity codes to purchasing where the
budget authority, outlined above, is checked and if OK purchase order is
cut. Travel has an additional Chair signature for insurance purposes.
Ted
_____
Ted R. Knous
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
Research Promotion Services and the Graduate College
11 Harvey Hall
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
Voice: 715-232-1126
Fax:  715-232-1749
email:  xxxxxx@uwstout.edu

"What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!" Nightingale 1990
______