Re[2]: CFDA # Marsha Green 17 Dec 1997 19:22 EST

 Ruth,

 There seems to be only one CFDA number listed in the CFDA book from
 the US Government Printing Office for DOD Office of Naval Research
 which is 12.300 (Basic and Applied Scientific Research) and there are
 two listed under ARPA..12.910 (Research and Technology Development)
 and 12.911 (Defense Technology Conversion, Reinvestment, and
 Transition Assistance).  Don't know if this helps any.  Public
 universities can get a free copy of this catalog (updated every 6
 months in July and December) by calling GSA at 202-708-5126.  Their
 address is: Federal Domestic Assistance Catalog Staff (MVS), General
 Services Administration, Ground Floor, Reporters Building, 300 7th
 Street SW, Washington, DC 20407.   You can also access their web page
 at http://www.gsa.gov/fdac.

 Marsha Green
 Office of Sponsored Programs
 University of Nevada, Las Vegas
 xxxxxx@ccmail.nevada.edu

______________________________ Reply Separator ____________________________
_____
Subject: Re: CFDA #
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
at UNLV
Date:    12/17/97 2:19 PM

Ruth, IF your ONR/DARPA project is contract rather than grant funded, there
is no CFDA number because it's not a grant..
CFDA is for "domestic" "assistance",  t.e., grant/coop agree to US sources
Also, USAID projects, even if grants, are seldom for "domestic" purposes
and do not have a number.
These limits on the universiality of CFDA numbers have driven our
accountants up the wall, because the state thinks everything is both
domestic and assistance!  ENJOY!
Chuck

At 02:09 PM 12/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Seasons Greetings!
>
>I know I should know this and I know it has been discussed here before, =
>but please help me find a source for CFDA #'s.  NSF lists them in their =
>GPG now, but I need to know the CFDA #'s for an ONR project jointly =
>funded by ONR and DARPA.  I called finance at ONR and the person I =
>reached had never heard of the CFDA before!
>
>Your help will be greatly appreciated!
>
>Ruth Tallman
>Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
>Lehigh University
>xxxxxx@lehigh.edu
>(610)758-3024

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA