Re: CFDA # Herbert B. Chermside 17 Dec 1997 09:19 EST

Ruth, IF your ONR/DARPA project is contract rather than grant funded, there
is no CFDA number because it's not a grant..

CFDA is for "domestic" "assistance",  t.e., grant/coop agree to US sources

Also, USAID projects, even if grants, are seldom for "domestic" purposes
and do not have a number.

These limits on the universiality of CFDA numbers have driven our
accountants up the wall, because the state thinks everything is both
domestic and assistance!  ENJOY!

Chuck

At 02:09 PM 12/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Seasons Greetings!
>
>I know I should know this and I know it has been discussed here before, =
>but please help me find a source for CFDA #'s.  NSF lists them in their =
>GPG now, but I need to know the CFDA #'s for an ONR project jointly =
>funded by ONR and DARPA.  I called finance at ONR and the person I =
>reached had never heard of the CFDA before!
>
>Your help will be greatly appreciated!
>
>Ruth Tallman
>Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
>Lehigh University
>xxxxxx@lehigh.edu
>(610)758-3024

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA