Re: Indirect costs from Forest Service (USDA) Herbert B. Chermside 10 Dec 1997 08:52 EST

At 03:47 PM 12/9/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone got experience with indirect costs allowed on US Forest
>Service Grants?  We are in negotiation and they are claiming they only
>allow 10-12%.  So far I haven't seen a policy statement so am asking for
>some quick help from the collective experience.
>
>Brian Rigby
>OSPR, DePaul University
>Chicago, IL
>
>773-325-2595
>xxxxxx@wppost.depaul.edu

Yhe forest service is used to working with land grant schools, in which
they usually have a cozy arrangement based on the idea that USDA and Forest
Service do other cooperative things with those schools and get a break in
F&A (indirect).  Since leaving a land grant I've still done a few with
Forest Service.  It is a reality that they will not allow more than you've
been told.  Thay will not produce a polkicy statement; they will just find
other places to spend their limited funds.

Reality is like an icewater bath!

Chuck

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Comonwealth University