Re: Indirect costs from Forest Service (USDA) Jack Mumma 10 Dec 1997 17:13 EST

Brian:

This is a little vague, so I didn't want to post to entire group.  My
understanding from our USDA desk is that Forestry has authority to enter
issue 2 instruments:  Cooperative agreements, which allow 10% overhead,
and cooperative grants, which allow no overhead.  We have been able to
get overhead recognized as cost share though.

They have statutory authority for this, but I don't have the citation.

Sorry for the vague response.  Tell Marjorie hello for me.  (I'm a Blue
Demon Alum and have tormented any number of your peers (Tom Kelly, Frank
Mares, Tom Gibbons, Paul Roberts, etc.)

Jack Mumma
Construction Contract Administrator
Michigan State University