Re: Dept Edu...."LEAs" Pamela Webb 06 Dec 1997 20:10 EST

Charlie,

My husband, who is a teacher and has written a couple of DoEd grant
applications, tells me that LEAs are normally equivalent to a school
district, as opposed to an individual school or set of schools within a
district.   At least on the grant applications he has written, there has
been a definition, but it is sometimes buried in the fine print.  Hope it
helps.  -- Pamela

At 09:42 AM 12/4/97 EST, you wrote:
>Hi-
>Could anyone offer insight on the definition of "LEA"...local
>educational agency... w/r to Dept of Education grants?
>Thanks.
>Charlie Hathaway
>

>Charles Hathaway, Ph.D.
>Grants Development