Re: Position Opening - Lehigh University Carol Sottosanti 28 Oct 1997 16:05 EST

Sherri A. Bushner wrote:

>                         JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
>
>                        LEHIGH UNIVERSITY
>
> DEPARTMENT:         Office of Research & Sponsored Programs
>
> TITLE:              Research Accountant
>
> SALARY RANGE:       $32,400 - 40,500
>
> DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
>
> Responsibilities include financial administration of sponsored
> projects in accordance with sponsor guidelines and university
> policy; supervising third party billings and collections;
> preparing indirect cost studies; preparing financial analysis and
> reports for internal and external reporting purposes; coordinate
> audits of sponsored programs; administer the ongoing use of
> scientific equipment use accounts; perform other related duties
> as assigned.
>
> QUALIFICATIONS:
>
> The successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree in
> accounting or finance and related work experience, with an
> accounting and cost accounting background.  Prior experience in
> grant and contract accounting most desirable.  The candidate
> should also have excellent skills in the use of spreadsheet and
> database software applications.
>
> Send resume to Lehigh University, Office of Research & Sponsored
> Programs, 526 Brodhead Ave., Bethlehem, PA 18015.  Equal
> Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
>
> --KAA36848.877617951/ns1-1.CC.Lehigh.EDU--
Himanshu,
     I have absolutely no credits available for Fall semester.  If Young
Jin doesn't make the Dec. 4 deadline, I can cover him for Spring
semester.  In either case, he has to pay for one semester on his own.
All of the tuition for this semester has been recovered by the
University.  Even the Dean doesn't have any.  YoungJin was under the
misunderstanding that even if he misses the Dec.4 deadline but gets it
in before the next semester starts, that he doesn't have to register,
however, that is not the case.  If he misses the Dec.4 deadline, he must
register for MOC in the spring.  What do you want me to do?
    Carol