FW: Proposal files Jean Humphries 15 Oct 1997 13:12 EST

We DO NOT keep a file of successful proposals available for folks to paw
through.  There are issues about plagiarism, proprietary information,
academic freedom et al.  Since the list of awards received is public
information folks are free to ask the researcher directly.  If that
researcher cannot find a copy of the proposal, and if that specific
researcher gives me, in writing, permission for the requestor to have a
copy of that specific proposal, fine.  However, I would prefer that the
researcher provide the copy themselves.

I do encourage all researchers to get copies of their reviewers
comments, whether the proposal was awarded or rejected.  It's especially
nice to know what you did right!  I also ask that they share the things
they did correct or incorrect with me.  That way I have a of anonymous
"dos and don'ts" for various agencies to provide to folks new to the
arena.

Jean.

Jean Humphries, Director
ASU East - Research & Sponsored Projects
602-727-1086
fax 602-727-1876
xxxxxx@asu.edu