Re: Cost Sharing Herbert B. Chermside 08 Oct 1997 04:36 EST

A110 allows cost sharing the difference between institutional rate with the
agency approval.  At present, U. S. Dept Education (DEd, pronounced "dead")
is the only agency with a blanket prohibition (see A110 at ---.23(b), and
EDGAR ()latest on e, at the similar number).  (I had to research thisd a
few months ago while generating a cost sharing policy, and none of these
regs has changed since).
Chuck

At 11:45 AM 10/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>If an agency allows a restricted indirect rate on a project (8%) can the
>university cost share the difference between its stated instruction rate
>and the 8% or can one only cost share at the rate of 8% IDC.
>
>Thanks
>

>Maxine Lippman
>Director of Preaward Services and
>  Contracting Officer
>Old Dominion University Research
>  Foundation
>P.O. Box 6369
>800 West 46th Street
>Norfolk, VA  23508-0369
>(757) 683-5685 (voice)
>(757) 683-5902 (fax)
>xxxxxx@pobox.hprf.odu.edu
>Office Location:  New Administration Building, Room 223

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568