NIH To Do Away With NIH GUIDE LISTSERV: Progress? Glenn Krell 26 Sep 1997 11:46 EST

Mr. Luczak raises an excellent point.  I've already emailed the NIH
officers shown below to tell them that the convenience of being able
to get the NIH guide in my e-mail has been extremely helpful.  I worry
that I will not be able to "find" enough time to go mine their website
to pick out the info that up to now, I've been able to get automatically.

Their response was that it's basically a done deal already,
and that I should subscribe to NIHTOC-L (table of contents of the
guide emailed to me).  I've done that, but Mr. Luczak reminds me that
I too, wondered how much money they will really save by doing this
radical change?  I agree with Mr. Luczak that we should email to the officials
below and ask that this be reconsidered, or at least explained better
in regard to how much money they will be saving.  Since there are 1,100
people or so subscribed to RESADM-L, maybe a few hundred emails will get
their attention... Thanks.

Best,
Glenn Krell
Glenn Krell BA
Sponsored Projects Support Services
School of Public Health
University of California, Berkeley CA 94720-7360
Mail to: Warren Hall, Room 140
Office: Room 503 Warren Hall
Telephone: (510) 642-9206
Fax:       (510) 642-9891
email: xxxxxx@uclink4.berkeley.edu

"The opinions above are my own and do not represent the
University of California at Berkeley. Have a great day!"

At 06:58 PM 9/25/97 -0600, Mike Luczak, Grants Administrator,
 Research Administration, Saint Louis University Health
 Sciences Center, posted to this serv: