Re: Purchasing John Case 24 Sep 1997 18:22 EST

John,

At the Desert Research Institute, there are no special provisions for grants
and contracts, all purchases are treated consistently.  I feel your
purchasing department is making your life (or the departmental
administrator's) difficult, I wouldn't want to deal with faculty on this
issue when they are trying to do their research.  Sounds like purchasing
department "job security" to me.  Try looking into purchasing cards, they
are very efficient, and the PI's like them a lot.  Good luck!

John Case
Assistant VP and Controller
Desert Research Institute
Reno Nevada