Re: A-133 monitoring for profit sub receipients Jim Miller, OSR, 2-3467 23 Sep 1997 06:37 EST

Research Administration Discussion Group wrote:

> At our latest A-133 audit a question came up about the new
> requirement/threshold for monitoring sub-recipients,
> particularly how they apply to for-profit private firms.  My
> take was satisfactory performance in the opinion of the PI,
> and our standard review of invoices before payment was
> sufficient.  Our auditor seemed to think we should consider
> more review, up to considering on-site audits.  Any rational
> suggestions for policy or procedures to handle this would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Romaggi
> Desert Research Institute
> Reno, Nevada

Jim,

We find ourselves in a similar situation.  I hope you will post a
summary of the responses you receive.  (By the way, it would be helpful
if you would give your direct e-mail address when posting messages.)

Thanks.

Jim
--
Jim Miller                                Tel: (603)862-3467
Office of Sponsored Research              Fax: (603)862-3564