Re: Department of Justice Grant -Reply Connie Whitley 15 Aug 1997 17:43 EST

I sent the message, and do apologize. I though my automatic signature was
turned on.  We have worked out the problem with the Justice Department.
They have agreed to prior review, rather than approval.

Connie Whitley
University of Southern California

At 08:21 AM 8/15/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Who sent the following message?

><xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> 08/13/97 02:57pm >>>
>Last week we received a grant from the Justice Department's Office of
>Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention for continuing funding of a
>project in our Social Science Research Institute.  The award includes a
>requirement for prior approval of any publications.  We have been told by
>the agency that the requirement results from their belief that they are not
>always appropriately credited.  We have requested alternative language,
>and
>are waiting for it to be considered.
>
>We know that a handful of other universities received awards with this
>language, but we weren't told who they are.  If you received one of the
>awards, could you call or e-mail me?  We may be more effective if we
>coordinate efforts in some way.
>
>Thanks.

Connie Whitley
Department of Contracts and Grants