Re: Department of Justice Grant Barbara McKinley 15 Aug 1997 09:27 EST

Who are you?
BW: xxxxxx@bcm.tmc.edu
 -----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration Discussion Group
[SMTP:xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 1997 5:16 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Department of Justice Grant

Last week we received a grant from the Justice Department's Office of
Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention for continuing funding of a
project in our Social Science Research Institute.  The award includes a
requirement for prior approval of any publications.  We have been told by
the agency that the requirement results from their belief that they are
not
always appropriately credited.  We have requested alternative language,
and
are waiting for it to be considered.

We know that a handful of other universities received awards with this
language, but we weren't told who they are.  If you received one of the
awards, could you call or e-mail me?  We may be more effective if we
coordinate efforts in some way.

Thanks.