Re: IRB Fees Barbara Latz 05 Aug 1997 08:15 EST

Penn State Univesity College of Medicine IRB has instituted  an IRB fee
effective July 1, 1995.  The fees are assessed on all projects that are
reviewed by the IRB with the following exceptions:
 IRB fee is waived for projects sponsored by any component of the
University and/or projects that have been appproved for indirect cost
sharing by the University with any domestic government agency, private
foundation, voluntary health agency, or other not-for-profit sponsor;
 IRB is waived for all sponsored projects that provide the University
with full indirect cost recovery.
 IRB is waived for porjects not funded.
 IRB will be reduced to ensure that it does not exceed 10% of the
Total Direct Costs of any sponsored project.

The IRB fee is excluded from the funding base used to calculate the indirect
costs.

The fee schedule is as follows:

New Submission          Full Committee          $1100
New Submission          Expedited               $500
Annual Review           Full Committee          $400
Annual Review           Expedited               $200
Amendment(Substantive)  Full Committee          $200
Amendment(Substantive)  Expedited               $100