Re: Delivering Targeted Information to Local Research Community Barbara Henry 31 Jul 1997 07:31 EST

We have faced similar challenges with some 2000 research faculty members
here on the campus of the Georgia Institute of Technology.  Since our
office does not have the resources to create individual web pages for
research faculty, we have begun utilizing the free e-mail alert services
that are available from many U.S. federal agencies.  You are welcome to
view them through our home page at http://www.gatech.edu/oca/.  Click on
Proposal Development Assistance, then on Proposal Development Information.
Our Program Development Office staff directs faculty to these services and,
in some cases, we even set up the user profile and initiate the service for
faculty.
Regards,
Barbara  31 Jul 97

At 02:19 PM 7/31/97 +0300, xxxxxx@ashur.cc.biu.ac.il wrote:
>Hello fellow frustrated research-data administrators:
>
>One of the most difficult multi-stage tasks I face is (1) effectively
>delivering (2) quality information to (3) ONLY those who need it,
>without bombarding other researchers with "bad" information.
>
>To solve some of these problems I am exploring the possibility of
>building on our website a collection of personal researcher information
>pages.
>
>Through a username / pasword-controlled mechanism a researcher would
>enter "her" page. The terms she entered on her user profile, would
>determine the information she views.
>
>Information would include email messages, RFP's, and the like.
>
>Are there systems like this out there in Cyberland? If so, please point
>the way. Thanks.
>--
>Eric Zimmerman    Research Grants Coordinator
>The Research Authority at Bar-Ilan University
>           Ramat Gan 52900 ISRAEL
>    +972-3-531-8097 Tel; +972-3-635-3277 Fax
>xxxxxx@ashur.cc.biu.ac.il ** http://www.biu.ac.il/RA

Barbara S. Henry
Manager, Contracting Support Division
Office of Contract Administration