Re: tax exempt question Joe Zelan 11 Jun 1997 11:38 EST

Some private foundations will make grants to all "non-profit"
organizations, which includes public agencies.  Some will only make
grants to those who have a 501(c)(3), which excludes public
agencies. You have to check with the specific foundation ascertain
their policy.

Joseph Zelan, Director
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
California State University, Hayward
Hayward, CA 94542-3008
Phone: (510)885-4211
Fax:     (510)885-4618