Re: matching funds Howard Kaplan 24 May 1997 14:49 EST

Dear Patricia -

 I don't work at a private institution, so our experience at Georgia
Southern University may not give you anything you can use in "negotiations"
with your demanding young researcher.  However, earlier this month, we
received notification from the Research Corporation that one of our faculty
was receiving a Cottrell College Science award.  Our cost-sharing
commitment, although significant by our standards, provided no room or board
for either of the two undergraduates who would be receiving summmer stipends
throughout the award.
 If you let me know your Fax number, I will be happy to fax a copy of
the full proposal - including the budget (which, incidentally, was funded
without change) - and award letters.
 Have fun with your demanding hot-shot.

Best regards,
Howie Kaplan

[Dr. Howard Kaplan, Director
 Office of Research Services & Sponsored Programs
 Georgia Southern University, P.O. Box 8005
 Statesboro, GA 30460 // Tel. 912-681-5465;
 Fax - 912-681-0719; e-mail - xxxxxx@gasou.edu]