Re: NIH 3% vs 4% yearly incr Susan Bouregy 20 May 1997 12:02 EST

 RE>NIH 3% vs 4% yearly increases             5/20/97

I've seen awards come in where NIH has reduced the budget to a 3% increase along
with a statement indicating that 3% is the new policy.  We nonetheless have sent
proposals in with budgets increasing at 4%.

Susan Bouregy
Grant and Contract Administration
Yale University

--------------------------------------
Date: 5/20/97 11:15 AM
To: Susan Bouregy
From: Research Administration Discus
Hi-
Has anyone seen anything official concerning the strong suggestions
by NIH that yearly budget increases over the course of a grant be
limited to 3% ?  Apparently, they are still accepting applications
with 4% increases but a recent announcement of "funding strategies"
has finally mentioned the change to 3%.  Still, I am expecting
something more formal and firm.
Comments?
Charles Hathaway, Ph.D.
Grants Development