Re: NIH 3% vs 4% yearly increases NANCY L. WILKINSON 20 May 1997 10:37 EST

Charles:

You asked:

> Has anyone seen anything official concerning the strong suggestions
> by NIH that yearly budget increases over the course of a grant be
> limited to 3% ?  Apparently, they are still accepting applications
> with 4% increases but a recent announcement of "funding strategies"
> has finally mentioned the change to 3%.  Still, I am expecting
> something more formal and firm.

** The formal announcement appeared in the NIH Guide, Vol. 26 #14 on
May 2.

Nancy

Nancy L. Wilkinson, M.P.H.
Assistant Vice President for Research &
Director/Office of Sponsored Programs
Emory University
1784 N. Decatur Road, Suite 510
Atlanta, Georgia   30322

PHONE:(404) 727-1035  FAX:(404) 727-2509
Email: xxxxxx@OSP.EMORY.EDU