Re: Research on Congenital Indifference to Pain Cuca, Janet 06 May 1997 09:35 EST

Why doesn't he search Internet Grateful Med, which is the searchable
medical literature database(s) of the U.S. National Library of Medicine at
<http://igm.nlm.nih.gov/> to find out who is active in the field and what
are the recent developments.  It's the most comprehensive, reliable way to
discover the information he is seeking.
If he doesn't already have an account, your library or one at an affiliated
institution probably does.
Janet M Cuca, PhD
Special Projects Officer
Office of Extramural Research, OD
National Institutes of Health
 ----------
From: Research Administration Discussion Group
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Research on Congenital Indifference to Pain
Date: Thursday, May 01, 1997 5:07PM

Congenital Indifference to Pain is a rare syndrome; only 30 cases
diagnosed since 1937. One of our physicians suspects we have a case and
is seeking advice, especially from anyone involved in research and/or
diagnosis. Are there people at any of your institutions so involved?
Thanks.

* Bill Caskey                                  *
* Director, Research & Grants Administration   *
* The Children's Mercy Hospital                *
* 2401 Gillham Road                            *
* Kansas City, MO  64108                       *
* Voice:        (816) 234-3879                 *
* Fax:          (816) 855-1982                 *
* E-mail:       xxxxxx@cmh.edu                *