Re: your mail Marianne Woods 10 Mar 1997 10:01 EST

We could not change our equipment capitalization rate due to the fact
that it was identified at the $500 level in our indirect cost rate. So in
order for us to change from $500 to $5,000 we were told by HHS that we
would have to renegotiate our idc. We were not willing to do this at this
time. So, what I'm trying to say is double check your idc forms to make
sure this $500 level was not part of the rate.

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Research Administration Discussion Group wrote:

> Northwestern University is in the process of changing its equipment
> capitalization rate from $500 to $5,000.  I am interested in learning:
>
> Which Institutions have increased their equipment capitalization to the
> maximum $5,000 level and any "challenges"you had during the conversion
 process?

> Which Institutions considered the $5,000 level and decided against it and
> why?  Which level is your Institution now using?
>
> Which Institutions are now currently considering changing to the $5,000
> level and Which issues are you dealing with?
>
> All information will be greatly appreciated.
>
>                                                         Di  Mackys
>                                                         xxxxxx@nwu.edu
> *******
>
> DI MACKYS                                       e-mail: xxxxxx@nwu.edu
> Asst. Director of Cost Analysis                 voice:  (847) 491-4285
> Northwestern University                         fax:    (847) 467-2451
> 619 Clark Street Room 120
> Evanston, Illinois   60208

Dr. Marianne Rinaldo Woods
Director