(no subject) Phillip Myers 17 Feb 1997 18:12 EST

I can fax you a complete copy.  Just need your name and
fax #.

Briefly, there were 14 responses.  12 institutions have this
as a professional (exempt) position with salaries averaging
in the upper 20's to mid-30's.  The range on two of these
positions is up to $47,960.  A wide range of institutions responded.
The smallest had 220 regular faculty and a three-person office.
The largest had over 5000 faculty and over 40 staff in the office.
This point underlined the critical nature of the position despite size.
Most of the offices with the information coordinator positions, or
in one case 3 info positions were combined offices.  All but
two respondents required a bachelor's degree but three preferred
a master's.  There was no specific major required.  Critical
thinking, organizational communication, sense of humor, juggler,
strong computing skills, ability to create forms, do newsletters
(electronic and direct mail), and to run training sessions were
strong features of the position.

_______________________ Reply Separator _______________________

Subject: Information Dissemination--Job Description Survey -Reply -Re
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
 <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> at INETGW
Date:    2/17/97 4:56 PM

Was there any response to this -- there is no name of the person asking
the question indicated.  We are also restructuring and would appreciate
information.

Thank you.

>>> Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> 2/6/97  8:17 am >>>
Did you get any answers to your questions?  If you did, would you share
them with us?  We have a position like yours and we are doing some
restructuring within our department.  This information would be helpful
thanks you