Re: Informed Consent Legislation PAUL LOWE 12 Feb 1997 11:59 EST

legislation:

Bill Summary & Status for the 105th Congress

S.193

Sponsor: Sen Glenn (introduced 01/22/97)

Title(s):

 Short title as introduced:

 Human Research Subject Protections Act of 1997

 Official Title as Introduced:

 A bill to provide protections to individuals who are the human subject
of research.

***NONE***

 Senate Actions

Jan 22, 1997

 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Labor and Human Resources

01/22/97 Introductory remarks on Measure (CR S645-648)

Committe(s):

 Committee(s) of Referral:

 Senate Labor and Human Resources

Amendments:

***NONE***

on 2/11/96 Bill Caskey wrote:

> A small article in the last issue of The Chronicle of Education
> indicated that Sen. John Glenn had introduced legislation that would
> make failure to obtain informed consent a criminal offense. I've been
> unsuccessful in tracking down additional information. Does anyone have
> additional information, especially the S number. Thanks.

> * Bill Caskey                                  *
> * Director, Research & Grants Administration   *
> * The Children's Mercy Hospital                *
> * 2401 Gillham Road                            *
> * Kansas City, MO  64108                       *
> * Voice:        (816) 234-3879                 *
> * Fax:          (816) 855-1982                 *
> * E-mail:       xxxxxx@cmh.edu                *

Paul R. Lowe, CRA
Director
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
PreAward Services
Kansas State University
(913)532-6804 (voice) or (913)532-5944 (fax)