Human Subjects Legislation Marsha Green 12 Feb 1997 10:57 EST

 Here is another answer from the IRB List for the Glenn legislation.

 Marsha Green
 UNLV

Subject: Human Subjects Legislation
Author:  Sheri Alpert <xxxxxx@osf1.gmu.edu> at SMTP-UNS
Date:    2/12/97 8:15 AM

Since I only get the digest version of mcwirb,  I don't know whether
anyone else has already responded to Marsha Green's request for
information on Senator Glenn's bill.  Assuming that they haven't, here
goes:  S. 193 (105th Congress) "Human Research Subject Protection Act" was
introduced on Jan. 22, 1997, and referred to the Senate Labor and Human
Resources Committee.

Glenn made very extensive comments upon introducing the bill, which are in
the Congressional Record.  The bill itself is about 19K bytes
(downloadable from the Congress' Web site:  thomas.loc.gov).  The Congr.
Rcd. comments are also available.

If anyone REALLY wants me to I can post the bill here -- tomorrow, since I
only get the digest.  I just figured I wouldn't clog up the works too
unnecessarily.

Sheri Alpert
The Institute for Public Policy
George Mason University