Re: Cost-sharing Volunteer Services Jean Humphries 21 Jan 1997 11:36 EST

My interpretation of Don's 2nd question is can he claim the IDC as
additional cost sharing?

The answer, maybe.  Refer to A-110, section 23 (b), Cost sharing or
matching.  It states, "Unrecovered indirect costs may be included as part
of cost sharing or matching only with the prior approval of the Federal
awarding agency."  Occasionally the RFP specifically provides permission.
Otherwise you should ask.  We routinely include the IDC we would have
collected when the cost sharing is "in-kind" salaries.

Jean N. Humphries
Director, Research Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station
The Texas A&M University System

006 Wisenbaker Engineering Research Center - MS 3406
College Station TX 77843-3406

Phone:  (409) 845-1264
Fax:    (409) 845-9643
Email:  xxxxxx@tamu.edu