Re: Misconduct in Research Committees AEMC Office for Research & Tech Dev 17 Jan 1997 09:02 EST

>From:  IN%"xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us"  "Research Administration Discussion
 Group"
>Subj:  Misconduct in Research Committees

>Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 08:06:12 -0500
>From: Research Administration Discussion Group <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>Subject: Misconduct in Research Committees
>Sender: Research Administration Discussion Group <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>
>I'd be interested in learning what other institutions call their misconduct
>in research committees.  I've been asked to consider renaming it in order to
>make it sound less adversarial or prosecutorial.  It is currently called the
>Standing Committee on Alleged Misconduct in Research.
>
>Len Paplauskas
>Asst. VP for Research
>UCONN Health Center

Len-
 Our Research Subcommittee is responsible for
investigating any alleged misconduct among other responsibilities. There is no
special 'onus' placed on this committee related to misconduct.

Deborah Eisenberg
Research Information Systems Coordinator
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Philadelphia, PA