Re: Combined Pre & Post Award Offices Gloria Greene 19 Dec 1996 09:17 EST

Here at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, we do both Pre & Post =
Awards.  Each administrator has several agencies they are responsible =
for and that responsibility is from cradle to grave.  The advantage is =
you have the knowledge and expertise required in both pre and post =
awards, you work with the PI at the beginning in budget development, so =
there are no suprises when the award is received.

The certifying official is the Director of Research Administration, who =
is the same office with us.  In her absences, we have either the Sr. VP =
for Research, or the Associate VP for Research sign.
----------
From:   Research Administration Discussion =
Group[SMTP:xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us]
Sent:   Wednesday, December 18, 1996 11:06 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject:        Combined Pre & Post Award Offices

We are working to combine pre and post-award into one office.

What have you found to be the strengths of a combined pre/post-award =
office?

Also for those with combined offices who signs as the authorized =
certifying
official.

We are trying to act quickly on this, as the post-award office is =
currently
undergoing some major transitions.  I look forward to your responses.

Kris E. Rhodes,
Coordinator, Research and Sponsored Programs
Stephen F. Austin State University
Box 13024 SFA, Nacogdoches, TX 75962
Phone 409/468-6606, Fax 409/468-1251
WWW Site http://www.research.sfasu.edu