Re: Combined Pre & Post Award Offices Addis, Marsha 18 Dec 1996 18:38 EST

 Our pre-award office also provides one post-award service:  approving
 all non-personnel operating expenses charged to extramurally supported
 contracts and grants.  They work very closely with the grant
 accounting department.  For the size of our institution, this has
 worked well so far.

 Marsha Emmer Addis
 Vice President for Research Administration
 City of Hope National Medical Center and
 Beckman Research Institute
 xxxxxx@smtplink.coh.org

Subject: Combined Pre & Post Award Offices
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> at INTERNET
Date:    12/18/96 2:52 PM

We are working to combine pre and post-award into one office.

What have you found to be the strengths of a combined pre/post-award office?

Also for those with combined offices who signs as the authorized certifying
official.

We are trying to act quickly on this, as the post-award office is currently
undergoing some major transitions.  I look forward to your responses.

Kris E. Rhodes,
Coordinator, Research and Sponsored Programs
Stephen F. Austin State University
Box 13024 SFA, Nacogdoches, TX 75962
Phone 409/468-6606, Fax 409/468-1251
WWW Site http://www.research.sfasu.edu