Re: Professional Proposal Writers Sandi Brabb 21 Nov 1996 12:51 EST

Here are two more avenues.

Grant Writers Assistant
http://fallingrock.com/default.html

Society for Technical Communication
http://www.stc-va.org/

Subject: Professional Proposal Writers
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> at INTERNET
Date:    11/20/96 2:45 PM

A friend who is a hospital administrator in KY just asked me how they can
find and hire good professional proposal writers on a contractual,
project-by-project basis.  Does anyone know of a professional organization
for these types of people or a registry somewhere?  Do any of the "how to"
book authors do this sort of thing on a consultant basis, or are they just
into training others to write?  I've never encountered a professional
proposal writer who literally goes from organization to organization
providing this kind of service.  Do they exist?  The successful grantspeople
I know just write proposals as part of a regular job.  Any leads you can
give me will most appreciated.  It goes without saying that I will give
advice on pros and cons of attempting this approach.  Thanks!!

Barbara H. Gray                           Telephone:  803-953-5673
Director of Sponsored Programs            FAX:        803-953-6577
University of Charleston, SC              e-mail:     xxxxxx@cofc.edu
Charleston, South Carolina  29424
Sandi

Sandi Brabb