Re: Cooperative Agreements with the US Forest Service Barbara Gray 30 Oct 1996 19:03 EST

I recently inquired about this on RESADM.  Most respondents reported getting
no indirect from USDA.  A couple of the land-grants said they got lucky once
in awhile and got 10%, but our institution would be lucky to get anything.
We just got a small USFS project--and settled for no indirect.  Good luck!!

At 11:08 AM 10/30/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Can anyone give me some guidance as to what is reasonable to expect for
>indirect cost reimbursement (to a private college, not a land grant
>institution) on USFS cooperative agreements?    We're about to negotiate a
>new agreement and I'd like to get the most IDC possible (we cost share the
>difference between what we actually collect and our negotiated rate but I
>don't know how to find out what we could reasonably expect to get in real
>dollars).
>

>Frances Vinal Farnsworth
>Coordinator of Sponsored Research
>Grants Office - Forest Hall
>Middlebury College
>Middlebury, VT  05753
>
>Tel:  802-443-5889
>Fax:  802-443-2083
>email:  xxxxxx@mail.middlebury.edu

Barbara H. Gray                           Telephone:  803-953-5673
Director of Sponsored Programs            FAX:        803-953-6577
University of Charleston, SC              e-mail:     xxxxxx@cofc.edu
Charleston, South Carolina  29424