Re: Procurement card Naegel, Gary P. 29 Oct 1996 15:58 EST

We have used them for the past year or so without many of the operating
issues everyone seems to worry about   when these are first proposed.   The
person in charge of the program at Yale is Craig Swartz (203) 432-1349 or
(xxxxxx@qm.yale.edu).      ,,,,,,,,,,,gary

Gary P. Naegel
Administrator, Pharmacology
Yale School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street  P.O. 208066
New Haven, CT  06520-8066
(203) 785-4373
(203) 785-7670  FAX
xxxxxx@yale.edu
 ----------
From: Research Administration Discussion Group
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Procurement card
Date: Monday, October 28, 1996 11:26AM

Need to know if you are using a procurement or Visa/MC card for purchases in
place of purchase orders.  We are looking into using this card and I have
heard that there are problems for the research area with audit trails,
control
over misuse and a variety of other problems.  Please respond ASAP since we
are
about to discuss it peripherally at a meeting tomarrow.  Also, anyone who
would be willing to meet me at the Nat'l meeting to discuss it would be
greatly appreciated.  Anyone who has just gone through an audit with
NSF/ONR,
I would appreciate any time you have to spare going over the problem areas
you
encountered.