Re: Grant Databases Lisa Richman 23 Oct 1996 07:21 EST

Lou, et. al.:

If your institution submits for federal funding (and you are really serious
about looking into building your own system) the best resourcesare the 194
(application) and the 850 (award notification) EDI Transaction Sets.  These
are the fields that the conglomerate of federal agencies have agreed upon as
"mandatory", "recommended" and "optional" for submitting an application
electronically and receiving a notice of award electronically.

If you wish, I can send you a copy of these transaction sets (you can see
which fields are classified as "mandatory", "recommended" and "optional".

[[ Microsoft Word 6.0 Document : 2100 in WINMAIL.DAT ]]

 ----------
From: Research Administration Discuss
To: Multiple recipients of list RES
Subject: Grant Databases
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 1996 6:03PM

Colleagues,

I've somewhat sheepish in posting this request but the time has come.  We
here at the Cancer Center are attempting to develop a grant/contract
tracking system or database.  We regrettably do not yet have such an animal.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or pointers members if this list
might be willing to share.

Along with the obvious fields (PI name, source, dollars, years) we are
looking to include fields in the database to include what the Cancer Center
is obligated to support, resources committed and any unfunded mandates
included any grant application.

Small task!

Again, thanks to the members of the list for any directions you can supply.

Lou Lafrado
Louis J. Lafrado, Ph.D.
Research Administrator
University of New Mexico Cancer Center
900 Camino de Salud, NE    Albuquerque, New Mexico  87131
(505)  277-0177/voice    277-2841/fax    xxxxxx@argo.unm.edu  (email)
 "Information is the currency of democracy"  Thomas Jefferson

Date:         Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:52:43 -0600
Sender: Research Administration Discussion Group
 <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
From: Research Administration Discussion Group
 <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>

Announcing....   FEDIX OPPORTUNITY ALERT!!!   ( http://www.fie.com/ )
A FREE E-MAIL SERVICE delivering _Targeted_Federal_Funding_Opportunities_
within _Your_Interest_Area(s)_.  -- No Registration Fees, No User Costs --