Re: IRB Bulletin Board; IRB Chair Marsha Green 16 Oct 1996 18:16 EST

 Peter,

 To subscribe to the Medical College of Wisconsin IRB Discussion Group,
 send a message to:

 xxxxxx@ITS.MCW.EDU

 In the message say:

 SUBSCRIBE MCWIRB your name

 That will get you started.  After you're signed on, to send messages
 to the group the address is "xxxxxx@ITS.MCW.EDU"

 It's a great list with hundreds of people on it.  Great discussions.

 Marsha Green
 UNLV - OSP
 xxxxxx@ccmail.nevada.edu

Subject: IRB Bulletin Board; IRB Chair
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> at SMTP-UNS
Date:    10/16/96 3:03 PM

One more time--is there an electronic bulletin board for IRB members,
chairs, staffers?  Please send address.

Would also like to hear from anyone whose school has an IRB chaired by
a research nurse or other nondoctoral person.  I have to nominate IRB
chair and members and would like to nominate a research nurse who's now
on the committee as chair.  She has lots of experience with clinical
trials, knows the mechanics of informed consent, IRB operations, etc.,
knows the regs, and has lots of common sense.  A senior IRB member
and former chair says he thinks she'll do fine, and will be accepted
both by IRB members and investigators bringing projects to the committee.
My boss, however, who must make the actual appointments, will be skeptical
about a non physician, nondoctoral person chairing the commitee,and will
ask about precedents.

Peter J. Dolce
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Meharry Medical College